View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #29
Arden Cogar Jr.

If I can find that stuff in a downloadable form, I'm all for it. I drive a lot for work and that's a perfect time to introspect and not text or email on my phone.

The only reading "for pleasure" I do is on these sites. That's sad really.

All the best,
Arden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gant Grimes View Post
The more moving parts you have in your pre-lift routine, the more chance you have of messing something up. Mind like water, people.

I clear my mind, visualize what I want to do next, and go do it. This applies to any sport or activity. If it's weightlifting, I crack my neck, walk up, get my grip, and go. I lift it or I don't. The whole process takes a few seconds.

I used to compartmentalize depending on the sport or situation, but it was too many routines to keep up with. Learning to properly visualize outcomes was the best lesson I learned. You've done the movement thousands of times before, and you've just done it again in your head. What you do next is only a natural outcome of what has already happened. No big deal.

You Buddhists should drink some spirits read Morihei Ueshiba's stuff.

"Cast off limiting thoughts and return to true emptiness. Stand in the midst of the Great Void. This is the secret of the Way of a Warrior."

or

"The contest has already been decided from the beginning, Merely by having the intention to fight with one who embodies the universe, my attacker has fixed his mind on violating the harmony of nature itself. In other words, the moment my attacker fixes his attention on fighting with me, he has already lost."
Arden Cogar Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote