View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #3
Susie Rosenberg

Mandy:

Hi, there. I'm a veteran of the Diet Wars. Literally! I've lost about 85 lbs. and am currently working to take off 10 lbs. I gained during a recovery from surgery.

For most of us, it's hard to think about making sure we eat some high quality fat with our meals, but it honestly "works." It works in helping you feel full with fewer total calories, it works in terms of tastiness of food, it works in building health (if you choose the RIGHT fats) and it works in terms of fitness.

What are the right fats? Well, look for omega-3 fats in fatty fish like sardines, salmon, herring, mackeral; flaxseed and flaxseed oil; and other kinds of healthy fat found in nuts, seeds, avocados, olive, olive oil, coconut oil, nut butters, nut oils. Some people will tell you that the fat of fully-pastured animals is also healthful.

Your breakfast has no fat in it!

Also, that PB2 stuff is a manufactured, adulterated food. There's nothing wrong with a tablespoon or two of a good nut butter, like almond or macademia nut butter, as part of your breakfast, if you like that stuff.

If you are new to changing up your diet, try to think about getting some fat food and some protein food with each meal.

Susie