Thread: 90%+ Training
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #1
Greg Davis

Default 90%+ Training

Hey I am having problems working out my training routine lately and hope I can get some advice. I use to use a periodized training protocol that incorporated 90%+ 1RM work but lately I'm struggling to figure out how to work this into my routine.

Problem is I've been getting really into rock climbing and bouldering, and hit up a climbing session 1-2 times per week. So on top of that I might do some interval training and 1 weights session. But climbing involves a lot of high intensity moves so I'm totally puzzled as to how I can work some 90%+ powerlifting/1RM work. Basically for a weights workout (squats, deadlifts, pressing) I've been trying to do a 90%+ workout once per month since I only get 1 weights session per week. Any ideas for how I can fit this type of training in?

I think 90%+ 1RM work is really important to get stronger which is good for climbing and my other sports. But if I only manage to work with weights once a week, I can't train that hard ever time and I'm worried that hitting that threshold once per month won't be enough for my non-climbing movements ie. squat.
Greg Davis is offline   Reply With Quote