View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 01:08 AM   #1
Rachel Izzo

Default severely sprained wrist

So on Saturday, my FIRST day back training with my lifting team again, I did a horribly bad clean and basically completely messed my wrist up. I went to the ER because I was in so much pain, and tomorrow I'm going to a sports med doc. Not broken, but this is the 3rd time I've done this and it's the most excruciating it's been.

I was wondering if I could get some creative ideas on how to keep up all my conditioning while it's healing (because I have a feeling it's going to be a while). I'm training for junior nationals in march, and want to keep up my over all strength (which would be taken care of by squatting, which I plan to do a ton of), but also wanted to throw in some other exercises that wouldn't hurt the leg strength so much, but still made me feel like I was doing something productive. Anything involving my right hand is out of the question, so I'm at a loss as to what other supplementary exercises I could do.

Ideas anyone? Supplementary strength, light crossfit that wouldn't hurt the lifting ... anything would be greatly appreciated, because I like to work hard and don't want this to kill all my strength, speed, and conditioning.
Rachel Izzo is offline   Reply With Quote