View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 09:55 PM   #8
Donald Lee

I don't think the deadlifts and squats have taken too big of a toll on me. I've been listening to my body to ensure that I'm not ramping up the weight too quickly on those.

It's funny that I could train with a lot more volume before I got injured, even when I was trying to lose some weight. I'm guessing this might have to do with the hormonal response from the squats and deadlifts.

I'm guessing that part of my problem may be that I just haven't been gifted with much of a natural ability to recover.

This is what I'm thinking of doing once I fully recover from my lower back injury, which should be within a month or so.

Mon:

(Session 1)
1. Hang Power Clean
2. Back Squat
3. A. FL Progression
B. Pulling Exercise
C. Planche Progression
D. Pushing Exercise
4. A. Glute Ham-Raise/Romanian Deadlift
B. Back Extension

(Session 2)
WOD (Running + calisthenics/ - 10min)

Tues:

(Session 1)
1. Hang Power Snatch
2. A. FL Progression
B. Pulling Exercise
C. Planche Progression
D. Vertical Pushing Exercise
3. A. Pistol Practice
B. 1-Leg RDL Practice
C. L-Sit/Other Abs Exercise

(Session 2)
HIIT Running

Wed: Rest Day

Thurs:
1. Hang Power Clean
2. Front Squat
3. A. FL Progression
B. Pulling Exercise
C. Planche Progression
D. Pushing Exercise
4. A. Glute Ham-Raise/Romanian Deadlift
B. Back Extension

Fri:

(Session 1)
1. Hang Power Snatch
2. A. FL Progression
B. Pulling Exercise
C. Planche Progression
D. Vertical Pushing Exercise
3. Deadlift
4. A. Pistol Practice
B. 1-Leg RDL Practice
C. L-Sit/Other Abs Exercise

(Session 2)
HIIT Running

Sat:
Occasional light jog or hiking

I have never done any form of frequent, suboptimal training before, so any advice would be appreciated.

I am thinking of dropping Mon's WOD every 4 weeks to minimize possible fatigue problems. I've ordered PTTP, but I haven't read it yet so I don't know exactly what he prescribes regarding cycling. I have read about the 2 exercises for 2 sets 5 days per week.

I have quite a few questions:

1. What type of volume should I be doing on the push/pull exercises (i.e., 3x3, 2x5, doesn't really matter)? What should the intensity be (i.e. 80% of 1 RM)?

2. Are the exercises supposed to be the same throughout the week (i.e., weighted pullups each day)?

3. I was considering dropping weighted chinups/pullups and weighted dips in favor of the fundamental bodyweight exercises in Coach Sommer's book, but I'm not sure if I should. I know I could get a good training effect from the pushup variations and the rowing variations, but the dip and pullup variations seem too easy. The XR Bulgarian is probably a challenge, but I probably wouldn't do that beyond a month. And I'm not advanced enough to do the multiplane pressing exercises nor the multiplane pulling exercises. I don't have room in my gym to do the multiplane pulling exercises anyways. And I don't have a spotter for the curling exercises.

4. Where should I add in muscle up practice?
Donald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote