View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #29
Chris H Laing

Jake, I did do starting strength for a month and a half, with GOMAD, and i felt so crappy the entire time that I decided it wasn't worth the strength gains. Also most of the weight I gained was fat, because I'm slowly moving back towards my starting weight.

Also, I did crossfit for the summer before starting strength, which was like 2 and a half months, so i've been working out for like 4 or 5 months...i started really late.

I'm actually pretty happy with what I'm doing right now, and I dont think I'm tackling too much, but Im really interested to see your point of view on things. Which parts of my training do you think I'm overreaching with, and how would you suggest focusing my training more?

and now the workout..

Oly Tech:
5 sets of - 3 sn grip exp 2 pullunder
3 cl grip exp 2 pullunder

Went slow on the first reps, stopping at the max ext to try and get the feel. On the later reps I tried to move faster, but I still wasn't reaching the max ext point when I go fast, so i slowed down again.

Metcon:
50 box jumps at knee height
25 parallette pushups with feet on the box
40 box jumps at knee height
20 parallette pushups with feet on the box
30 box jumps at knee height
15 parallette pushups with feet on the box
20 box jumps at knee height
10 parallette pushups with feet on the box
10 box jumps at knee height
5 parallette pushups with feet on the box

Time = 13:05

The first sets of box jumps took forever, and the first set of pushups was unbroken. Afterwards the box jumps went pretty quick, but the pushups were broken into 10s and eventually 5s. Worked up a pretty good sweat though.