View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #8
Júlíus G. Magnússon

December 22-28
---
Spent the week visiting family. Felt like a good time for a workout break, so I decided not to even try working out. Diet was pretty much as crappy as it gets. Lots of soda, sandwiches, candy, cookies, et cetera. Which was awesome.

Monday
---
Low-bar Back Squat: 3x5x115kg (PR for 5s (and 3s, actually))
Bench Press (Volume): 5x82.5kg, 5x85kg, 5x87.5kg, 2x5x85kg
Deadlift (Hook grip): 5x122.5kg
---
Squat felt is getting really heavy. 2.5kg jumps from now on. Broke my old PR for 5s (and 3s) of 110kg from when I was 69kg.
I reset the bench press. Was going to do 85kg, but when I was about to start my second set I realized I forgot to put 2.5kg on one side of the bar. I then did one set with 87.5kg to make up for the first set.
Deadlift was easy. Only thing lacking was grip so I switched from the normal grip to the hook grip.
Was going to do chin-ups as well but I ran out of time.
I had a 2.75 hour boat trip to visit the family soon after my workout. I made sure to eat plenty and was going to sleep on the way. But that didn't happen. The trip took 5 hours due to weather and I spent four of those puking. Afterwards my throat hurt like hell for two days so I wasn't able to eat much. Worried if that's going to affect my squats next time.

Tuesday
---
Rest

Wednesday
---
Rest

Thursday
---
Rest

Friday
---
Rest

Saturday
---
Rest

Sunday
---
Rest
---
Back felt great this week, but my toe is still being a bitch. Pretty sure by now that I broke it. Hopefully it'll heal over the next couple of weeks.
Júlíus G. Magnússon is offline   Reply With Quote