The past couple of weeks I've been having terrible sleep problems. I'm exhausted during the day, but come night I'm completely wired awake (though yawning too). When I fall asleep I wake up around 1:00am-2:00am like clockwork and can't sleep for another couple of hours. This is despite heavy lifting twice a day . . . I have no clue how to correct this. The thing is, the only major lifestyle changes I've made recently are good ones:
- I started doing heavy lifting twice a day beginning of last week
- I started seriously cleaning up my diet three weeks ago.
- I've been taking magnesium for a little over a month now, 500mg of magnesium oxide once a day--I haven't felt like I slept properly since then, but it may be confirmation bias.
The only good sleep I've had recently has been when I've had alcohol that night, that is obviously not an ideal solution.
I'm thinking I may try the following, could anyone give any further thoughts on fixing my sleep issues?
- Unplugging electronics (does this include lights?)
- An hour before bed staying away from the computer
- Buying a sleep mask
- Possibly dropping the magnesium (?)