View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #4
Brian Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Maffett View Post
Clean - elbows out to sides.
Are you talking about in the pulling position or receiving? Is that a good thing or bad thing...

Quote:
You tend to shift your hips up quite purposefully with the snatch attempts. Knees out and hips down - you're losing your good set position right off.
I think I see what you mean. Tell me if this is what you are talking about; my back angle to the floor changes significantly as my hips rise faster than my chest/shoulders. Would the correct form be that my back angle to the floor shouldn't change at all until bar clears my knees and I start the second pull and, if anything, the back angle should open up not actually become closer to the floor...This is probably a result of me focusing quite a bit during last nights work out on getting my Shins vertical or beyond vertical prior to the second pull. This was something my coach had pointed out Saturday and was having me work on.

Quote:
Your backwards jump is only acceptable if you bring the bar back. The last one looked iffy - like you might have lost it out front pretty easily.
That's probably why I was having to step forward on several reps during my workout to maintain the weight OH.

Quote:
With the back jerks, it looked like your receiving stance was a little wider than your actual squat stance width.
I think you are right.