View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
Emily Mattes

Default Guidance on enlisting in the military

This is off-topic from most stuff on these boards, but I know a lot of military folks hang out here so I thought they could give me some guidance.

I've been thinking of enlisting for a while. However, I don't know anyone in the military, even second-hand, and don't have a clue about where to start research on my options, the different branches, and all of that--the only advice I've been given are "The recruiters will tell you anything so don't believe them." I'm thinking Marines, Navy, maybe Air Force, but those are just off the top of my head and not based on any knowledge of the workings of any particular branch.

So does anyone have any websites or guides for the prospective enlistee? What are my various options? How do you enter as an officer, and is it better to try that route?

Pertinent information: I don't have a bachelor's, got a perfect on the practice ASVAB on Military.com (but haven't taken the actual one, so it's probable that's not valid), and would probably want at least another six months of physical preparation before joining.
Emily Mattes is offline   Reply With Quote