View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 02:26 AM   #4
Allen Yeh

I read the Practical Programming review and skimmed a few of the other things on the site. I don't know that it's a bad/good review but this disclaimer is certainly not fool anyone into thinking it's really an objective opinion....

Quote:
It is not the purpose of this section of the Sportivny Press© web site to endorse, sell, or purposely trash any person, book, article, or a specific genre of the weightlifting or strength training literature. Our purpose is to offer a reasonably objective opinion. If there is one soap box which we stand on, it is that objectivity and information for sale do not necessarily go hand in hand. However, objective to one’s intentions, the information market place is as competitive as any.

Frequently, objectivity is cast aside to compete, i.e., authors often begin by trashing the “competitor’s” ideas in order to sway the potential customer that their information for sale is better. On the other hand, there is plenty of information for sale (books, videos, seminars, professional certification) which is biased, flawed, or just plain trash.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote