View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 10:46 AM   #18
Brian Lawyer

Default Squat Stance Width

To all contributors:
Robert and Dave both think I could go a little wider for the LBBS. I value Robert's opinion on LBBS because I know he has been to Rip's Seminar before and has been around Crossfit for a while.

My thoughts are this wider stance would be most beneficial with the LBBS and I should stick with my shoulder width stance for Olympic lifting purposes. On the other hand, should I try kicking out my stance a little bit on HBBS and Front squats to see if that helps my hip flexor problems.

Here are the relevant post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Callahan View Post
Stance for the Low bar definitely needs to be wider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Van Skike View Post
...lack of hip flexibility to really open up on the low bar style is taking about 30-40 pounds away from you. . ...a little hip work and wider stance would benefit me as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Lawyer View Post
Only reason I wouldn't want to try a wider stance is because right now I only have two foot positions, pulling and recieving. Pulling = feet under hips, Recieving (squatting) = feet at shoulder width. I had a problem for the longest time of recieving the clean and snatch in too wide of a position so I definitly don't want to do anything to exagerate that problem.
[/url].