View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #15
Ben Fury

Default Inferior imitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Lawyer View Post
Ben,
I have the "Wharton's Stretch Book" another book on AIS stretching. Are you familiar with it and is the Matte's method any different or have much different material?

You also make a good point about how time consuming yoga is and if you could get the same benefits from a 15 minute stretch routine why do 30 - 45 minutes of yoga.
The Wharton's book is an inferior explanation of the Mattes Method. The illustrations are poor and the explanations incomplete. I own a copy but am quite dissatisfied with it.

The Mattes book is more in depth and complete. It is technically dense. A good working knowledge of conversational kinesiotherapist is recommended.

The complete head to toe Mattes Method takes about three hours. So, I just pick and choose what I feel I have time for and need most and do that each day depending on my schedule, usually 3-15 minutes.
http://www.bettercise.com/

“People who do not eat butterflies will wear their clothes the wrong way, and people who wear their clothes the wrong way are inviting lemmings inside.”
~Muzhduk the Ugli the Third~

Last edited by Ben Fury; 02-18-2009 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Additional Info
Ben Fury is offline   Reply With Quote