View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 01:29 PM   #20
Mike ODonnell

"So now we have theories for glutamine supplementation to increase protein synthesis/inhibit protein breakdown, as well as boost immunity following intense exercise. This sounds great, but we have yet to look at glutamine's potential effect to stimulate glycogen replenishment following exercise. Glutamine infusion has been shown to enhance glycogen stores following cycling exercise twice as much as compared to subjects who infused saline or other amino acids.(27) If this happened after weight training, it could even help with our cellular swelling and have the aforementioned postive effect on protein accretion.

Another study supports the use of glutamine for enhancing muscle glycogen. Bowtell et al. found that glutamine supplementation following exercise enhanced glycogen resynthesis in muscle just as well as the ingestion of a glucose polymer.(4)"
Dave Barr
http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=230glut2

I also read the L-Glut also enhances the GH response...so either pwo or before bed would probably be the most ideal times?

Still wish I could find the original article with Poliquins PWO shake info....I want to say some carbs like 20-30g?? (in addition to the L-Glut)