View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #11
Gant Grimes
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Smith View Post
PWO or no PWO, it all depends on proper training and what the goal is. Daniel, state what your goals are and what kind of training you're doing to get there.

I don't do PWO, really. I haven't missed it, based on my current goals. If/when I decide I need to push the top of the 85kg weight class, I'll start worrying about PWO.

I think most of the PWO stuff is mental gymnastics, or that folks who really notice it are either trying to gain weight or they have insufficient diets to cover their needs already (ie. lacking protein intake in general, so PWO fills the hole).
Agree, especially the underlined part. If I'm not doing outside work, I can get by without PWO. However, a PWO accelerates my recovery. This is very helpful when I have a couple training sessions per day or, more often, finish a session at 10pm and train again at noon the next day.

When I clicked on this thread, I though the question was going to be "white" or "chocolate." When I need a little extra mass, I take 16oz. of chocolate whole milk and a scoop of whey. You can't beat that for the price.