View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 05:56 PM   #7
Patrick Donnelly

Gant:
Don't worry. I spare my clients a full 90 minute speech on the high-bar/low-bar thing and limit my description to the two lines listed in the document.
Quote:
Low-bar = more posterior chain, less toque, more weight, more shoulder injury
High-bar = more quads, more depth, less weight, more natural, more overall strength
For the deadlift, I think it's good to have a focus point - not necessarily "up," but "out" (on a far wall, just below chest level while standing). A lot of people like to look at their feet as they go up, and bending at the neck like that just sets them up for a curve all the way down the spine. For the Olympic lifts, I personally do like picking a point that is somewhat "up" (on a far wall, just above eye level while standing) since it helps me keep more vertical.

Gant, Dave:
I don't recite the entire thing. I simply use it as a refresher for things I could say, and then I cover certain points as necessary. Thank you for the feedback, both of you. I'm still pretty new at this, so I can use it.

Everyone else:
Good to see that there's some interest. I'll keep you updated as best that I'm able, every other week or so.
Patrick Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote