View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 06:57 AM   #4
Patrick Poblocki

Thanks. I figured that, but was hoping that it might also improve recovery. I just can't get beyond the idea that if I fast after an am workout for say the remaining 12 hours of a 24 hour fast, that it will be counterproductive. I'm currently trying both. Today, worked out at 5am (metabolic type circuit of bodyweight exercises) and I don't plan on eating until 8pm. I'll probably fast again on Sat., which will be a rest day. We'll see.

So, Aaron, are you tracking calories? If so, how much are you eating on your eating days?

Mike, many mention not to over eat on eating days. This is my point of contention, actually. The great life-style benefits of IF have steered me away from Zone--no more counting--right? But, it seems as though I still have to be relatively aware of what I'm taking in to make sure recovery is there. Do you have any suggestions to monitor quantity that are as strict as Zone? It stands to reason that if I'm a 16 block zoner who decides to fast two days per week at 24 hours, then I'd then have to become a 22/23 blocker to make sure I'm getting the same calories/nutrients. Right?

Thanks,

Pat
Patrick Poblocki is offline   Reply With Quote