View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #19
Ben Fury

Originally Posted by Emily Mattes View Post
I'd like to see if I can get down to the 69kg weight class, but if when there I'm at a level of leanness that is too difficult to maintain without going diet-crazy and sacrificing my workouts, then I will bulk back up to stick around at 75kg.
Yes, exactly. Shave body fat by reasonable amounts and then see if that's a strong, healthy weight for you. I would expect performance to stay high down into the high teens and start to drop off in the mid teens.

But you find a comfortable BF% for you. Don't let society, fashion or Coach Ben tell you any different from what you feel is your best body composition! A lady friend used to torture herself to be an unhealthy size 2. Now she's a healthy size 5 and has better energy and gets lots of complements. Fighting her natural pear shape just ended up not being worth the struggle. Now she's a fit, healthy pear with a very healthy glow!
Be well,
Ben Fury, CFT, CMT

“People who do not eat butterflies will wear their clothes the wrong way, and people who wear their clothes the wrong way are inviting lemmings inside.”
~Muzhduk the Ugli the Third~
Ben Fury is offline   Reply With Quote