View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 08:35 AM   #20
Arden Cogar Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ogilbee View Post
My sentiments exactly Arden. You are my flipping hero, lol. I'm very interested in getting into coaching specifically for O-lifting, but so few people are interested in it around here that it's tough to find anyone wanting to learn, let alone lift with. (I think i'm the only person at my current gym that uses the platforms specifically for what they're meant for). Whats education / schooling like for someone wanting to get into O-lift coaching?
Thanks Dave!! Coaching for O-lifting is a learned process. If you're a stand alone place, that's not associated with crossfit, I would recommend the USAW club coaching cert. They are conducted all over the US and all you need to do is go the USAW - US Weightlifting site; calenders for the club coaching certs are listed.

If there's xfit gyms in your area, xfit and Greg offer awesome courses/certifications. Greg's are very impressive. My hope is that he and Aimee host one closer to where I live this Fall or early next springs. I'm all about learning as much as I can.

My hope is to attend the Regional Coaching Course conducted at Moorestown NJ this July. I'll never be a regional coach as you have to have a certain number of lifters, who qualify for national comps, sign you off as their coach. My main impetus for attending the RCC is to attend the week long "Weightlifting Camp" hosted by the Moorestown Weightlifting Club. I know it's not the summer camp my daughter had hoped for, but it's one she can go to with her chubby daddy.

All the best,
ARden