View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 07:20 AM   #1
Jon Brody

Default MuscleActivationTecniques (MAT)

Anyone familiar with this? Hope this doesn't come across like an infomercial, but I just had a really positive experience with it.

I'm friendly with a guy who recently transitioned to doing this full-time, professionally. I've been pretty skeptical about it whenever he's talked about it, but this past Friday did an emergency session after pinching a muscle real bad in my neck while buttoning my pants (laaaaame). I had horrible ROM in my neck and my entire right, upper back started to get wicked inflamed. My recovery has been phenomenal, though. After the session my ROM had improved greatly and the pain/inflammation that was getting increasingly worse pretty much stymied. I did the MAT-exercises prescribed, took 2 days "off" where I just ran, did some core and bodyweight work (which prior I thought I had no chance of doing). Yesterday, I did my legit lifting and haven't had any problems.

Maybe just luck, but I'm definitely going to investigate further and go back as various problems arise and see how it goes.

Just cruised the MAT's site's FAQ and it's pretty interesting (thoughts on stretching, tight muscles, neurological jumpstarting, etc.).
Jon Brody is offline   Reply With Quote