View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
Arden Cogar Jr.

Jon,
The best advice I can give you is don't give advice unless it's asked. There's nothing worse than coming off as a know-it-all or whatever. If that makes any sense?

In my mind, the proof is in the pudding. If you show great progress, the ones stuck on arm day, chest day, leg day, etc. will notice. Then the questions will come - unsolicited. That's when you can invite them to the beauty of the training you've followed.

I was in the same boat a few years ago. I was stuck in power bodybuilding and had gotten myself, for me, rugged to look at in the mirror, but I had no work capacity. It had very little carryover for my sport/hobby. I've since taken up a training hybrid routine that's very similar to CA's WOD (except my met-con involves axes and crosscut saws ) and, although i've never been pretty look at, I've gotten much stronger and fitter overall; and my performances in my sport have improved.

Joe - that there is gold. I train at home with daughters when we're together. The eldest (11) is really into it. The younger one (8) has a lazy streak and loses interest pretty quickly - but she's the one with soooo much genetic potential it's scary. In any event, we take what we can, don't we?

All the best,
Arden