View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 08:18 AM   #4
Patrick Donnelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mounce View Post
Yes you can refrigerate olive oil, why you would I don't know.

I don't have this gag reflex from fat. Olive oil on the other hand by itself can be pretty darn taste overload. Its more taste than texture. I prefer it with something else than alone.

I think its all in your head. I took a bite out of a stick of butter the other day, that was kind of fun.
Refrigeration would get rid of that uncomfortable warmth in it. For the most part, I use 100% olive oil for my weight gaining, mostly because of the cost, but partly because it's much less "sharp" tasting that extra virgin. I know extra virgin has more antioxidants and stuff, but when 100% pure is 1,800 calories per dollar and extra virgin is only 1,400...

Visualizing you eating a stick of butter has made my day.

Garrett,

I digest the fat well. I went through that whole steatorrhea issue many months ago. I can eat plenty of other calories of other foods just fine without any sort of gagging too, including fats like avocados, nuts, etc. It just seems to be the slimier, more concentrated fats that my body doesn't like. That's understandable, sure, but I still want the calories, even if my body doesn't.