View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 02:31 PM   #15
Mike ODonnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellen Love View Post
I do have a question though, for anyone familiar with the Warrior Diet. I did it before and liked it, I seemed to be leaning out but wasn't really happy with my results on the scale so I stopped. My question is, as someone who is apparently insulin resistant, would the WD be a bad idea? Because I know fruit can get a bad rap as far as carbs are concerned. Or maybe it'd work if it was a low to fair amount of fruit in the undereating period, and then just meat and veggies in the overeating period. I guess to sum up, I'm just wondering if it'd be feasible for someone to lose 50 or so pounds on the warrior diet while maintaining muscle and strength. Because I really like fasting and the WD. I know this is a long post, if I didn't articulate myself clearly please let me know. Thanks.
WD can be whatever you want it to be.....meat, fruits, etc.....just keep it small during the day and bigger at night. You would probably do better with more meat/fat in smaller portions and some fruits only if you feel blood sugar dropping.