Thread: Competing
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #29
Brian Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennpendlay View Post
...And FYI, caleb hit 140/145/150 on his three snatch attempts, and 170/180/190 on his three clean and jerk attempts..... None of the lifts were hard in spite of being done at the end of a heavy week of training with no taper.....And special props to my son William for doing 20kg snatch and 26kg clean and jerk, both competition PR's. He missed the jerk on his second attempt clean and jerk at 23kg, and had the guts to move up for a PR and go and attack it and make it convincingly. Way to go William! We'll be putting another nail in the bedroom wall for your new gold medal at the prestigeous Van Alstyne open held at the spacious and opulent Van Alstyne fine arts and convention center!....One other gutsy comeback that derserves mentioning was Antonio Torres, an 8 year old who missed badly with a 38kg clean and jerk on his second, only to come back and make maybe the best clean and jerk I have ever seen him do with 38 on his third. Way to go Antonio!
I was way off on Caleb's lifts. I couldn't remember once I got home. I can attest to the fact none of the Calebs lifts looked hard from what I saw.

Good Job William and Antonio! I think I worked out with Antonio last time I was in Wichita. By that I mean worked out on the platform next to him. If he is the one I was thinking of who was coming off an illness. I need to catch a workout with William next time I come. I'll try to make it on a day William and Caleb are training.