View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #7
Derek Weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthieu Hertilus View Post
It sounds like I could just alter my example just by shortening the fast to 15-18 hrs
Example: Fast from 11pm on saturday to 5pm on Sunday then fast again from about 8pm on Sunday until 11am the next day(which would end up being my pre-workout meal).

Based on what I have read about the Metabolic diet, performance should retrun to normal after the body adapts to using fats for energy, and as I mentioned earlier, I liked the idea of fasts because of how well it cleans out your system...just an idea I had to combine the two
Performance is only going to return if you don't need glycogen. If you do glycolytic activity then performance isn't going to be good.

Weightlifters need very few carbs, to fuel activity and maintain performance, but may function a bit better with slightly higher carbs.

From there it's all about whether or not everything else is dialed in to optimize your fasts... like Steve said.

Someone with a crappy recovery schedule and crap nutrition is going to get wrecked adding fasting in. If everything else is good, fasting may put you over the top in terms of body comp, performance and health.
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote