View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 05:29 AM   #1
Allen Yeh

Default Review of KB 101 DVD by Tom Corrigan

KB 101 DVD by Tom Corrigan:

I'm going to admit right off the bat that I'm an asshole, because Tom sent this DVD to me a while ago to review and excuses aside I didn't do it fast enough.

Used a 24kg KB and went through DVD going through the exercises and the cues Tom had just to review them and did 5 reps each exercise/side - DL, suitcase DL, sumo DL, 2 H swing, 1H swing, DARC swing, clean, horn clean, bell clean

5 rep circuit - DL + 2H swing + (clean + FS + press) + DL

KB warmup: Used my wifes 12kg for this x 5 reps each side/movement
goblet squat, slingshot, halo, figure 8, OHS, good morning, hammer curl + press + french press, kb knee circles, jump shrug, cossack

Overall impressions: A good DVD for beginners, with some good programming guidelines and good exercise descriptions. I think the package could have been polished a little better like in the exercise demos. The DVD does mention CF which is good but I think a possible illustration of how to use KB's in conjuction with CF would have better served to illustrate his point. A good demo workout for firefighters, possibly a bit more on sample workouts would have been good especially since the DVD is geared towards beginners. A good FAQ section at the end and a good snatch portion which I'll admit I skimmed because I'm avoiding the KB snatch right now due to my left forearm problems.

Overall I'd give it a 8/10 in comparison to other fitness DVD's I've seen.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote