View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #15
Scott Kustes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalid Khalil View Post
Yeah Scott I have access to a hill with a incline and its noticeable but not to the point where it alters my stride. Though the hill is well over 100m, its about 170m-210m (also its a road)
You don't have to run the whole hill. ;-) Just mark off 40m and do 8-10. I usually do 1 up, then 1 down, then 1 up, etc till I get my reps in. Full recovery between reps. This isn't speed-endurance work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalid Khalil View Post
...Lifting stuff...
Seems a reasonable workout volume, though I'd stick with the compound exercises and ditch the isolation stuff. Deadlifts, squats (depending on if you don't get too sore/tired from them), romanian deadlifts (sounds like that's what you're describing with your "touch your toes" exercise), bench, overhead press, pullups, dips. No need to make this complicated. Up to 5 sets of up to 5 reps, 5:00 or so between sets for full recovery.

Back in the day, I used to do what you call Crazy Eights. We did them as 7 reps and called them 21s. But they're unlikely to help your sprinting. That's a hypertrophy workout. You want to maximize strength with minimal gain in weight, i.e., high weight, low reps.

What's your squat and DL numbers?

Fitness Spotlight
Scott Kustes is offline   Reply With Quote