View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #31
Khalid Khalil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Kustes View Post
I had the same problem in high school, also running around 180 or so. Pretty big for a high school sprinter. Have you ever thought of running the 200m or 400m instead?

And you don't have a need for a second weights day. You could do perhaps 3 weight sessions per 2 weeks instead of 2 per week, but your strength doesn't appear to be lacking (though I'm taking your word that those 435lb squats were full squats).

Yeah they were full squats, and if those were the 415lbs was definitely full (I held it down for a bit longer as a test by a peer).

I was told my stride is big and good for the 400m but that's not my cup of tea, and I just got use to running the 200m, out of shape I wasn't doing to good, but always getting sub 25s I believe if I get more explosive I'll be easily sub 24s. I know how to float off the curve well and conserve energy for the last 100m.

I just always like to check up on my 100m. It's the only time I knew for sure.

That plyometrics workout, it says rest is 2 minutes, that's in between each set? so its not suppose to hurt, but you're doing it for effective and 100% bursts?
Khalid Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote