View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 03:13 PM   #5
james forshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Sikes View Post
1800 calories, really? Cuz, the guy at the top of this page, supposedly eats 1900 calories a day and he's 6 feet tall and weighs 115 pounds.

"...Michael, stands beside her at the ready: a boyish-looking 35-year-old with brush-cut red hair, translucently pale skin, and—at six feet tall and 115 pounds—an eerily spare physique.

Consider those dimensions for a moment. Divide Michael’s weight by the square of his height and you get a body-mass index of 15.6. Compare that with the minimum BMI of 18 recently decreed by the organizers of the Madrid Fashion Week—who cited the World Health Organization’s definition of 18.5 as the lower limit of healthy weight and offered medical assistance to any models who couldn’t meet it"

Don't be like that guy.
He clearly doesn't eat 1900kcals though. From eyeballing my food, (and I used to measure accurately) I eat about 20 blocks of protein, 5ish of carbs and 40ish fat a day and if you work it out, guess what? Way under 2000kcals.