View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 12:27 AM   #1
Kevin Perry

Default Excessive Vitamin Intake + Gum Bleeding

Topic kind of sums it up, I started upping my supplement intake pretty heavily when I started the new mass cycle about 6 weeks ago. They include a B complex, multivitamin, ZMA, glucosamine, fish oil, creatine, bcaa's, probiotics, and lastly digestive enzymes. This is combined with a caloric intake roughly 3500 - 4000 a day which includes a little over 1/2 gallon of milk a day maybe more.

By about the second week I was getting bleeding in my mouth in the mornings upon waking up, I'm guessing it was from the gums since I'm prone to that kind of bleeding due to sensitive gums but it's been that way since I started supplementing like this. I never had bleeding gums or that iron-ish taste in the mornings before this.

Last night about an hour and a half after my workout I ended up bleeding heavier than all the other times before, it just came out of nowhere really. My only idea is that all this bleeding could be due to either a deficiency or an overabundance of some vitamin though I'm not sure which.

So far it is not interfering with my training but it is an annoyance and I'd prefer to take precautions and track down the source if it is dietary which I suspect it is.

Do any of you guys have experience with this or know what it could possible be?
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote