1. Are we talking the standard 5-gallon plastic "paint" bucket?
2. Approximately how many pounds of rice are needed, or to put it another way, how full do I make the bucket?
3. Steven, I saw you recommending wrist circles in the rice on a CF thread, 1set x 50reps or 2 x 25, keeping the elbow still. Is the fist closed on these, or are the fingers open & spread apart? Or are both good to do?
4. Best to do before or after training?
5. Tucson is pretty dry anyway, but are there any precautions to take to care for the rice, mold/damp-wise? Does this need to stay in the house, or should it be okay sitting in my garage?
1. Any of the big buckets work.
2. Don't remember.
Probably at least 4-6 lbs
3. Fist closed to start. To improve difficulty, go deeper or open hand. 2x50 is fine too. This is one exercise where pushing through the burn and getting a pump is very good.
5. Nope... rice pretty much stays dry forever unless you pour water on it. But keeping it in a dry place is always probably better.