View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 06:41 PM   #1
Derek Simonds

Default Derek's Mass Gain Manifesto and Milestone Log

Day One! There I was in the jungle naked and covered in motor oil and through the distance I could hear the natives drums and they were restless.

Actually day one went really well other than I feel like a stuffed pig from all the eating. Here are my vital stats for benchmarking

36 YOM, 6' 1", 185.5 LB's, Orangutan Arms with a 79" wing spread
BF % from an Ironman scale is 8.6% on athletic and 16.1% on normal person. I know that they are both wrong. My best WAG is around 12% I can see my abs but they are not standing out looking ripped and the only area on my entire body with any extra fat is right on my belly.

I am doing the mass gain program from the Performance Menu. The food is a combination of several things but mainly large amounts of clean food with a low carb leaning on off days. I try to stay close to Paleo but usually don't quite make it. I will weigh in once a week and keep the log updated to see how things work.

5:30 1/2 Trioplex Bar, Propel
8:00 3 eggs scrambled, slice of ham, 1 wheat and nut pancake
10:00 other 1/2 Trioplex Bar
12:00 4 oz lean turkey, 4 oz lo fat cottage cheese, 4 oz watermelon, 2 oz egg salad
3:00 ABB Blue Thunder RTD
6:00 1/2 BCAA
6:50 1/2 BCAA
6:50 Cell Mass Creatine
7:00 16 boiled shrimp, 4 oz rice, big salad, 2 oz green peas

Workout
6 x 6 FS 90 LB's no problem felt good worked form not light but easily do-able
6 X 6 Press 70 LB's same as above really worked shoulder activation
6, 6, 6, 3, 3, 4 Chins a lot harder than the above could have done more sets 4 and 5
AB Circuit with S/U GHD, BE, Knees to Elbow and PU 10 minutes I was sweating hard at the end. Everything felt good nothing was tight no worries.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote