Thread: Eating Times
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 11:39 PM   #5
Omar Omar

While there is no resarch on this (that I know of and trust) I have come upon an article that kinda made sense..

I cant find the article now AND the article only made sense but was not proven (there was no resarch or study what so ever)...

It says that eating does not "boost" metabolisim but keeps it going to burn calories...

After you eat say 500 calories your metabolisiim starts working and stops in 4 hours. After it has stopped you may consume another 400 calories and it will turn on all over again... The article argued that if you ate after 3:30 (so that its not off completley yet) you will burn a bit more calories because of it staying on longer.

The article suggested that we can keep it on all day long and benifit. Say you eat a 500 calorie breakfast to start the day (the metabolisim goes on and burns 400 of them) then 3 hours later (before its off) if you ate 100 calories, it will burn 400 calories (because you kept it on for another 3 hours). You will end up getting -300 calories because you at those 100 calories.

The article argues that no matter how much you eat metabolisim turns on for approxx.. 3 to 4 hours (eating 100 to 900 calories kept it on for the same amount of time...)

Even though it makes sense im not sure about it. But I like felling comfortable all day long so I never eat to "full myself up" therefore I get hungry in 3.5 to 4 hours anyways...

Im worried some people think too much about how often to eat, "pre- or post-" workout food and such before taking care of what they actually eat...

Look at the bigger picture, are you eating properly from the first place, if so, are you ready to step it up, so on...

Read this article.. pretty long but AMAZINGLY AWSOME.
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a..._this_not_that

Im NOT a bodybuilder FYI.. but the article is just awsome...