View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 08:18 PM   #1
Pierre Auge

Default Pierre's Book of Lifting

Been lifting consistently 1-2 times per week since February 3rd 2007.

Tonights Effort:
Snatch
52kg x3
54kg x3
56kg x3
59kg x3
61kg x3
64kg x3
66kg x3

Bodyweight: 69kg
Previous PR: 61kg x 1 (I think I'm getting better!)

My goal is to open with a bodyweight snatch at my first ever lifting meet on May 18th in St. Thomas, ON. It looks like if I keep progressing at this pace I'll be opening with this weight as planned.

Observations: My lifting is considerably better on days when I've completed a CrossFit MetCon WOD earlier in the day. My work capacity for the remainder of that day seems to be at peak. Interesting stuff! For some reason I seem to like starting to lift late in the evening 20:00 and going until 23:00 or so. Good thing I don't do this more often, though not fatiguing metabolically or even really on a muscular level it is more draining and gets me ready for bed soon after.

Other Notes: If I can open in St. Thomas with bodyweight then according to the current provincial standings I should be capable of winning a slot at nationals in the 69kg class.

To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. - Douglas Adams
Pierre Auge is offline   Reply With Quote