View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 07:57 AM   #2
Derek Simonds

Day Two

6:45 Cell Mass Creatine
6:45 2 Activa Lights with 2 tbsp flaxseed, 3 scrambled eggs
9:50 4 oz beef jerky, banana
12:30 4 oz lean turkey, 4 oz lo fat cottage cheese, 4 oz watermelon, 2 oz egg salad
4:00 4 oz lean turkey, 4 oz lo fat cottage cheese, 4 oz watermelon, 2 oz egg salad
5:45 started drinking 32 oz powerade
6:00 1/2 BCAA
8:45 1/2 BCAA
8:45 Fininshed 32 oz powerade, 16 oz lo fat choclate milk
9:30 chicken breast, 4oz squash casserole, 3 oz fettuccine JoAnne

6:30 - 7:30 Fundamentals kept heart rate low focused on streching and movement worked with 2 beginners during drills
7:30 - 8:45 Advanced 25 minutes light conditioning, 1 technique gi trap to armlock and 45 minutes of grappling. Once again tried to keep my heart rate down but didn't succeed. Good matches rolled with a huge dude who I couldn't get both hands around his biceps if I wanted to, worked position and transition. almost pulled a triangle from the guard but his neck was so thick I couldn't close it tight enough, used the triangle to sweep and ended up in the mount. Changed partners worked on my 100 Kilo position and landed 2 subs with keylocks, 4th match with a wiry guy who has dominated me in the past, same thing as first match worked transitions and position felt really comfortable and ended up with a clean guard pass to side control right before time expired.

Looking back I only ate 5 meals plus one chocolate milk and I dont think that is enough.
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe, is in the end, of little consequence. The only thing of consequence is what we do. -John Ruskin
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote