Thread: Training Books
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #8
Donald Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Weaver View Post
What's the issue with Boyle?
I, personally, have not read any of his books, but I've read many of his articles; however, I find very little use from the functional fitness crowd. I doubt he has been educated in much fitness-wise, and he is highly fickle, changing his ideas with the new crowd and coming out with new products to accomodate that new idea.

If you want to know what's functional and transferable, read Bondarchuk's "Transfer of Training in Sport."

*Edit: I hope I didn't sound too harsh about Boyle. I don't mean to attack him personally, but I am just in disagreement with his methods and his view of training for sport. I think his crowd could do better by obtaining a formal education in a subject fitness/nutrition related or by reading more science-based books/journals, rather than going to Buddy Lee seminars and learning about marketing. I also think the reviews that his crowd gives one another's products are misleading. I don't want to sound like a pompous academic or anything, but that's just my opinion.
Donald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote