View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
Troy Kerr

Steven- I do not experience any significant hunger between meals, only mild grumbling. However I heard on Robb Wolfs first podcast : The Paleolithic Solution, that decreased insulin levels over timecan lead to decreased hunger and can lead to can cause some athletes to consume less calories on some days. I just want to make sure that even though I am not getting hungry that I am still getting adequate nutrition.

Some reasons why I prefer the zone:

a) Gives me guidelines as to how much to eat, days I have gone paleo I find myself eating the same portion sizes, or worried about getting too much to lean out on.

b) I am Type 1 Diabetic, the portion sizes on the zone help to keep my blood sugars consistent and allow me to gauge the carbs more accurately. I am also in school and work in evenings so it has not given me a day to exp. with IF and adjusting my insulin levels for a fast.

Not trying to argue with either of you Mike and Steven. Until my break mid-December I plan to stick w/ the paleo-zone.

With that in mind, do you still agree with my decision or offer a different recommendation?
Troy Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote