View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 07:16 AM   #3
Derek Simonds

Day 3 (I am changing from spelling the number out now so I don't have to type day forty two)

6:45 cell mass creatine
6:45 activa light 1 tbsp flaxseed, 1/4 kashi go lean, 3 eggs
8:45 blue thunder RTD
10:15 chicken breast, 4oz squash casserole, 3 oz fettuccine JoAnne
12:00 cell mass creatine
12:45 baked potato plain, chilli
3:00 trioplex bar
6:00 1 3/4 oz peanuts
7:45 1 BCAA
8:00 3oz lasagna, 7 oz ground turkey, 1 really small piece of garlic bread

11:00 to 12:15 No-Gi
Warmup was running and stretching instructor was taking it easy on us. Worked on one technique a bicep crush. Wrestled 3, 8 minutes matches.

In the first match I worked my position and transition game ended up with the guy in closed guard and went on the attack. I faked an armbar a couple of times and landed a triangle. It wasn't too deep and as I was working it I tweaked my knee pulling it in. No big deal. I got the triangle locked down and got the submission.

Next match with a guy that had to be 250 plus and he had an amazing top game. He submitted me twice in 8 minutes once with an elbow lock that is still sore this morning.

Third match with a guy I roll with pretty often he is a blue belt and has a great technical game. He had me in side control I rolled into him going for the hip escape and he went for an armbar. I grabbed my own arm across my chest and he was wrenching on it trying to extend my arm. I faked like I was going to pull really hard to escape and when he pulled back again I bridged and rolled right across the top of him. Unfortunately in the scramble I landed on my shin funny and felt some major pain go through my knee. I iced it down when I got home last night and did not work out. If it feels ok I will hit the weights tonight.
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe, is in the end, of little consequence. The only thing of consequence is what we do. -John Ruskin
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote