View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #18
Steve Romer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Lee View Post
God forbid I get called an apologist again, but you need to give the mods a bit of a break. I've met a number of the mods, including Lynne, and they're solid people with good intentions.

Are they trigger happy right now because of recent events? Probably. Should you blame them? No.

OP, as legit as your post/question may have been...on the surface it could be seen as a yet another attempt at discussing what they've already said can't be discussed on the boards. Even if that wasn't your intent, other board members would have turned it into that.

Do I think they should have jumped as quickly as they did to stop the Castro/Robb Wolf thread? No...I think civil conversation/discussion was possible (as evidenced by the GreySkull thread and the Ripp leaving threads), but that was their judgment call to make.

They recently tried to fix that "mistake" by letting a thread through that only superficially referred to the fallout (check "request" in the Community Forum). As suspected, it only lasted four pages before somebody did something stupid. They gave us a shot and the igx troll blew it.

/$.02

Actually I do blame them blame for being trigger happy. None of the rules were violated in any of the posts I saw that were closed, but you saw one. Well I read the thread I didn't see one troll posting. Not one rules violation. No uncivil behavoir and not one.

I not did violate any of the rules and some of my words are now being banned. If criticism CFHQ is reason to ban someone then put it the rules. Then at least they are being honest about not being an open forum for improvement of the CrossFit methodology.

CFHQ is proving they care more about profits than being an open forum for developing the best fitness program. That is the truth and CFHQ actions are proving that truth.
Steve Romer is offline   Reply With Quote