View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 08:39 AM   #23
Brian Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Lee View Post
Test your Resting Heart Rate in the morning soon after you wake up, while lying down, and let me know what it is.
I recorded 70-75 this morning and middle of night. However, I missed the "while lying down" portion of your instructions. Once in middle of night was when I woke up to let the dogs out and go to the bathroom then I checked. Another time was after I had to step over a baby gate to turn on a light for my kid. So it's possible that is not an accurate resting heart rate. I will re-do tonight and remember to do it before I get out of bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grissim Connery View Post
ouch. i know what that's like though. i used to live somewhere where monthly starting fees were $180/month, and that wasn't even for every class. now i train somewhere where it's $75/month for 5days a week, ~3hour of mat time. most of my college friends think that's steep, but i try to assure them that it's a damn good deal compared to other places.

sorry you were askin for a monday workout...
Most of the legit gyms in our area run $100 - $150 for all you can train. Besides having zero money to spend on my MMA hobby, it is also a time obligation thing. If I spent $75/month your damn sure I am going to at least 3 training sessions per week. I don't really have time for that. Luckily I have some old muscle memory from back in the day when I did train regularly and I know enough people in the MMA community that I can come up with some decent training partners.

I had my mind set that I was going to run some 400m yesterday after work but then my wife told me she had to work and I had to babysit...