View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #23
Brian Lawyer

Originally Posted by Donald Lee View Post
Test your Resting Heart Rate in the morning soon after you wake up, while lying down, and let me know what it is.
I recorded 70-75 this morning and middle of night. However, I missed the "while lying down" portion of your instructions. Once in middle of night was when I woke up to let the dogs out and go to the bathroom then I checked. Another time was after I had to step over a baby gate to turn on a light for my kid. So it's possible that is not an accurate resting heart rate. I will re-do tonight and remember to do it before I get out of bed.

Originally Posted by Grissim Connery View Post
ouch. i know what that's like though. i used to live somewhere where monthly starting fees were $180/month, and that wasn't even for every class. now i train somewhere where it's $75/month for 5days a week, ~3hour of mat time. most of my college friends think that's steep, but i try to assure them that it's a damn good deal compared to other places.

sorry you were askin for a monday workout...
Most of the legit gyms in our area run $100 - $150 for all you can train. Besides having zero money to spend on my MMA hobby, it is also a time obligation thing. If I spent $75/month your damn sure I am going to at least 3 training sessions per week. I don't really have time for that. Luckily I have some old muscle memory from back in the day when I did train regularly and I know enough people in the MMA community that I can come up with some decent training partners.

I had my mind set that I was going to run some 400m yesterday after work but then my wife told me she had to work and I had to babysit...
CA Training Log
Brian Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote