View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 07:22 PM   #17
-Ross Hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Puetz View Post
Hi Ross,

believe it or not, but unfortunately I cannot go much deeper. Lack of squatting-flexibility in ankles, knees and hips (due to an trashed back from an accident when I was sixteen, which took its toll), but I am working on it. The back among other things is also the reason my deadlift is very modest.

My overhead strenght before starting training for this 'elite' feat was soso, could do a triple OHS with bodyweight which was DIFFICULT, meaning a max. I pressed the 40kg bell on several occasions for a single.

I check you log on P&B on occassion and based on your stats I would say that If you wanted to train for it you would certainly not need 3 months, as I did, to get it done. Your a stronger, much younger and much better lifter than I am.

Pierre, no offense but your a funny guy! Nobody does 15 OHS without some sort of OHS training, be it for max singles or strenght endurance or whatever. If your definition of elite (If I understood you correctly (maybe I am really confused) you have to be able to do it without training for it) were true, there were no elite lifters, runners etc around. Because all of the true elite feats require years of dedicated training and probably very special genetics, sort of one of a kind...

If this still isn't clear, I am an intermediate level (at best) lifter who may or may not switch to the advanced level this (or next) year---more likely not. I am relatively old (43) and started lifting around 3 and a half year ago. I have to do it on my own, unfortunately I have no coach.

15 OHS is nowhere near elite IMO, and neither makes training the OHS for three month make me a professional overhead squatter, nor do I intend to train the OHS exclusively for the rest of my life, hoping that it will do good for me. But I keep using what works for as long at it works which is in my opinion something reasonable to do.
Thanks for the kind words.

The back explains the depth and deadlift; good luck working around that.

Going from 3-15 reps that quickly is impressive. Right now I probably OHSQ bodyweight for about a triple myself right now...

I need a pull a heavy DL for the hell of it sometime soon. It's been a while, and I bet it's gone up quite a bit. Carryover from oly lifts to dead is good--at least when you're tall and skinny.
-Ross Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote