View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 06:47 PM   #24
Justin Herring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Willis View Post
I think the Ponzi scheme comparison is there because the achilles heel of any Ponzi scheme is the lack of sustainable (albeit explosive) growth from which to draw. Right now, people are lining up to go to a cert, but how many people can you certify? Will it continue, or will it dry up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Romer View Post
I agree that CF isn't a Ponzi Scheme; it runs more like a cult. All profits are funneled to a few at the top and everyone else get very little in return except for joy of being in the CF Cult.
This is what happens 90% of the time when a privately owned company experiences major success. The owners make bank. The customers get to be customers.

The fact that crossfit is a big financial success is not surprising, it isn't a secret, and it isn't nefarious. People get rich every day in this country selling everything under the sun.

Nor is a business that grows explosively for a while and then flat-lines or crashes because its popularity diminishes "like a ponzi scheme" or "like a fraud." It happens to lots of businesses. Sometimes they go up, sometimes they go down.

Look, I'm all about Robb Wolf etc, but sometimes this crossfit hate gets out of hand.
Justin Herring is offline   Reply With Quote