View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #10
Ryan Secor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Low View Post
I'm not a doc and don't have pharmaceutical companies breathing down my neck to prescribe their products when you can just recommend fish oil instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Smith View Post
Wow. This is a double whammy in the wrong direction...my line of thinking is so far removed from this type of thing I couldn't even fathom it. It used to be use one drug, eventually have side effects...then get a second drug for the side effects later.

Now it's give two drugs right off the bat?!?
Quote:
Use other drugs to try to take the side effects off other drugs. Because the drug that's superior to them all can't be patented.
Wow - just in the last several years have I been increasingly exposed and made aware to this insanity. In fact (just like with this surgery) I simply don't take prescriptions any more (now I'm really glad I never did with this surgery) and I rarely visit the doctor (only in case of major injury). My wife and I were talking about it and modern doctors are basically pharmacists more than anything and they generally have $$$'s best interest in mind. I mean if you really think about it the medical industry (just like many other industries) is a metaphorical Judas in that they're essentially betraying our lives for $. What Steve said really drives it home too -- I mean I think it's somewhat humorous (and really sad) that pharma is pushing him to sell their product. All this is one of the many reasons I've taken such a fierce interest in health (broadly speaking) and human performance --- because the only one that can and will really take care of me and ensure quality of life through physical health/performance is me. I mean it really seems to me that reality now is how Wiley puts it Lights Out... only the paranoid survive.

Quote:
You want about 3-5g of EPA+DHA per day. That's the omegas 3s in the fish oil that you want. Just capsules (if they're 1g) aren't gonna cut it.
Roger that. I've been doing 10-15g of EPA/DHA daily and am currently just using Carlsons liquid fish oil (used to do Kirkland until they diluted their product).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Smith View Post
It has been said that "Vitamin K will be the next Vitamin D" in terms of what the research is bearing out regarding the health benefits.

Vitamin K may also be the antidote for much of the nightshades' toxic effects on the body in regards to arthritis...more on that later.
Cool - thanks for the link. I'm definitely going to check it out and probably start supplementing it. I'll be looking for "more on that later"