View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #5
Arden Cogar Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Bond View Post
Damn, those high box cleans were scary explosive. I notice you do the open mouth thing when pulling, when did you pick that up? What kind of difference do you think it makes? Good stuff.
Alex,
Thanks for the kind words. It's been a long time coming. As my coach tells me, I'm finally starting to move weights I can't curl. Ghhhessh, tough love kitty.

To answer your quesiton, my coach told me to get as much distance as I can between my chin and my tail bone during the 1st pull. I watched a bazillion videos on line trying to figure it out. Then I noticed a lot of the elite lifters open their mouths and really stretch their jaw and don't close their mouth until their at the top of their pull when they are "crushing an orange with their chin and chest."

For me, it makes a big difference. It lines me up. I'm also a big advocate of FMRS and Z health and those chin maneuvers do more than what we think. I can't in any way describe it intelligently, but I find myself doing it all the time.

It's helped me. That's about all I can really say. I've gone from really really bad to almost not to bad. And a long way to go.

All the best,
Arden