View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
Jane Michel

Default Work, sleep... suggestions with training?

The last time I was in an excellent shape (and it was my most excellent shape) - lean, felt good, 6-pack outline - was when I was doing weights and a short metcon 1.5 hours in the morning and sometimes a destress walk or slow row for 1 hour in the evening. I was eating lots of meat, with veggies or nuts thrown in once in a while.

Work hours are officially 8.30am to 6pm, but I arrive usually between 8.30pm and 9pm and leave between 7pm and 9pm. Schedule is something like this:

7am Wake up, cup of coffee
7.30-8am Walk, row, 5-10 minutes HIIT
8am-8.10am Some weight exercises
8.10am Shower, prepare for work
8.30am Leave for work
Between 8.50am and 9am Arrive at work
12.30-1.30pm Official lunch hour but I usually just have some green tea, hot water, or once in a while coffee while working. No appetite from just sitting down.
Between 7.30pm... 9pm Leave work, arrive home, eat dinner, shower
10.30pm Try to sleep

I've been getting fatter and feeling quite stressed out every night. I think I function best with 8-10 hours of sleep a night, and it takes me about 1/2 hour to fall asleep. I would really like to get back into exercising for about 1.5 hours every morning and doing a destress every evening. But I have no idea how to fit it in and whether it would help reduce cortisol or just make things worse.

Help