View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 06:12 PM   #10
Derek Simonds

Allen thanks for the feedback. I need to figure out how to add more fat into my diet. I will research and post as I figure it out. I have started taking my fish oil again and have significantly upped my intake. I need to find some fish oil in liquid form I can take. My other thought is adding olive oil to my shakes.

Day 8 Tuesday

6:45 1/2 cell mass creatine
6:45 1 cup of kashi crunch with low fat milk, light yogurt
8:30 blue thunder mass recovery
9:45 4 oz ground turkey, broccoli
11:30 4 oz ground turkey, asparagus
1:30 chicken breast, spagettini, carrots
3:30 4 oz ground turkey, asparagus
5:30 started drinking 32 oz powerade
7:45 16 oz lo fat chocolate milk
9:00 something for dinner

5:00 5 X 6 Chinups I bought a dip and chin up station for my office. I figured that I would get in my chin ups before I got home so that I would only have to do the squats and presses. Didn't work out that way as my knee was too sore.

6:30 No-Gi BJJ
Great workout rolled half guard drill with Fabio and he rolled on my bad knee I went down and hurt really bad. Amazingly it doesn't hurt when rolling as long as I don't twist it. I rolled with 2 different guys and pulled off 6 submissions. I landed an omoplata, keylock, choke, armbar, keylock, and I think a rear naked choke. Unfortunately my knee doesn't feel good at all with any sideways movement. It looks like I am going to need to take a couple of days completely off to let my knee heal.
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe, is in the end, of little consequence. The only thing of consequence is what we do. -John Ruskin
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote