View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
Gary Ohm

Default Plug for a kettlebell vendor

First, I have no affiliation whatsoever with this company. I just bought an #80 (yes an 80, not a 72 or an 88) kettlebell from www.thekettlebellking.com . I worked directly with Bert, the owner. These kettlebells are made by Troy barbells and are cast iron.
The bell is terrific. I own dragondoor blacks and reds (geez am I that much of a geek???) Anyway, the handle of the kettlebell king is a consistent 37 mm. If you worry about competition, the minimum is 35 mm. The 37 mm corresponds to 1.45 inches. It seems very consistent.
The handle is not painted smooth, but does not have the same powder coat as the dragon door blacks. I'm not sure what it is, but I don't see a problem with it.
Shipping was VERY fast, and Bert supplied a tracking number the same day I ordered.

If you don't like kettlebells, that's fine. If you are in the market for one, I would encourage you to at least check out Bert's supply at thekettlebellking.com. His prices per pound of KB are WAY cheaper than anyone else out there, and his shipping rates are too.
These are not Dragon Door by name, but I really don't see a difference.

I just wanted to let y'all know about a great product that is very reasonably priced.
Gary Ohm is offline   Reply With Quote