View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 03:56 AM   #6
Darryl Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Poblocki View Post
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the following, and if so, what do you think is going on:

Been following Paleo with a few extra dairy additions: cream mostly. I've tracked my food on Fit Day for the past 5 weeks. I'm averaging 2500 cals per day: 155 g protein, 100 g. carbs, and the rest fat. This has been part of a progression where I've gradually lowered my carb levels. I'm trying to get single digit bodyfat (presently 18% at 5'7", 170lbs, m, 28yrs). Since January, I've gone from 180lbs at 21%bf to my present condition. So, it's working...slowly.

Anyway, although I've felt good in most respects, this weird thing has been happening for the past two weeks (i.e., as soon as I've dropped below 100g carbs): As soon as my head hits the pillow my heart starts racing and the eyes start twitching. I feel like I'm having a "fight or flight" response. I feel really jacked-up. So, I toss and turn for a couple hours before dozing off. My energy throughout the day, though, is fine. I'm humming!

Has this happened to anyone?

I experimented and the last two days I increased my carb load to about 35% of my diet (more Zone-like Paleo I guess) and I've slept well...

Any thoughts? Should I keep it up with the slightly higher carb load and just decrease my overall caloric load?

Thanks,

Patrick
Hunger, and your body will perceive depleted glycogen stores as physiological hunger, triggers increased alertness and physical activity.

http://www.performancemenu.com/forum...62&postcount=1
Darryl Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote