View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 07:17 PM   #18
Derek Simonds

Day 15 Tuesday

7:00 cell mass creatine 1/2 BCAA
7:00 kashi go lean crunch lo fat milk
9:45 recovery drink
11:00 4 oz turkey, 4 oz cottage cheese, 2 oz egg salad
1:00 6 oz smoked turkey, 1 slice texas toast, some fries, baked beans (took an employee to lunch)
3:30 more turkey
5:45 6 oz steak
6:30 start drinking 20 oz gatorade
8:00 cliff bar, 16 oz lo fat chocolate milk
8:30 cell mass creatine, 1/2 BCAA
9:45 kashi go lean crunch lo fat milk

6:30 - 8:00 No Gi BJJ
Great workout tonight. Practiced arm triangle from side control. Drilled 2 minute side control drill guy on top submit only, guy on bottom escape or pass only. When either happens reset and start again.

Rolled with 4 guys tonight. I cramped up bad in my forearms in the 3rd match. First 2 matches got 4 submissions, RNC, Triangle, keylock and something else. Last 2 matches both with guys a lot more experienced and no subs for me or them really worked on flowing. I managed a couple of really cool escapes. Twice I was caught in bad positions and let them try to go with an armbar and rolled out of it. Felt real good tonight other than the cramps. I find that in No Gi I use a lot more grip strength than when I roll Gi.

I don't know why but I jumped on the scale tonight when I got home and I was 189 after eating all day and grappling. It will be interesting to see my weight in the morning.
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe, is in the end, of little consequence. The only thing of consequence is what we do. -John Ruskin

Last edited by Derek Simonds; 03-28-2007 at 03:18 PM. Reason: ate more food after posting
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote