05-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Join Date: Nov 2007
Originally Posted by Kevin Perry
Press: 45 x 2 x 8, 85 x 6, 110 x3, 125 x 3, 140 x 7, 155 x 3, missed 170
DB Press: 45 x 4 x 10
Bent Lat Raise: 20 x 3 x 10, 15 x 10
Front Raise: 25 x 4 x 10
Trying for new maxes really boosts confidence for me, I know I can get 170 just need to be fresher for it. I may or may not try this again next week but it's fun to see where I am standing. I'm really curious to find where my squat may be at now.
Recap of 2010 Goals:
Short Term ( 6 months):
- BW 175 (Done)
- Squat 350
- Deadlift 400 (done)
- Press 175
- Bench 225
Long Term (12+ months)
- Squat 400
- Deadlift 500
- Bench 300
- Press 200
- Snatch 200
- Clean&Jerk 250
- Be more stress free
- Reduce/Prevent Injuries
- Find a better job
Weight is down though, hovering around 167 - 170 throughout the day
Other things that have really boosted my confidence lately:
- People who thought I was a lil on the tiny side think im huge all of a sudden, this one girl I have not seen in forever saw me the other day and almost didn't recognize. She says it was pretty intimidating.
- I may not be "70's" big as being 185+ lbs may be very hard to do but I am definitely starting to get "70's" strong I guess
- Being a short dude who can only fit into large shirts now rocks
- I have a very hard time fitting pants past my thighs cuz my legs have gotten pretty big, this kind of actually sucks more than is a good thing in a way as I've only managed to find one pair of jeans that will fit
- The now removed appendix seems to have made a huge difference in my ability to tolerate food and recover.
Things are pretty good right now.
Nice progress and focus to reach some goals. I'm guessing with a couple tweaks and a few weeks time and you'll blast by everything but the weight since it sounds like you're leaning out a bit.
And if you don't think kettleball squat cleans are difficult, I say, step up to the med-ball
- CJ Kim
Last edited by Derek Weaver; 05-14-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Reason: got rid of a pun